This jelly is good on toast, scones and fillings for cakes. This recipe makes a soft set jelly.
Yield: 7 half-pints
- 4 cups of boiling water
- 16 heaped teaspoons of Chai Tea
- 6 cups white sugar
- 1 package Sure-Jell Powered Pectin
- ½ teaspoon butter
- Pour boiling water over tea. Steep 30 minutes
- Strain mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a large measuring cup for liquid. Discard tea leaves. Measure EXACTLY 3 ½ cups of liquid: adding or disgarding liquid if necessary.
- Transfer the 3-1/2 cups of liquid to a 6 to 8 quart pot. Stir in the pectin and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar until totally dissolved. Return to a full rolling boil, boil for one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Quickly skim off any foam with a cold metal spoon.
- Ladle hot jelly into hot sterilized jars, leaving ¼ inch headspace. Carefully wipe top edge of all containers, put on lids and screw down.
- Process filled jars in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes (start timing when water return to boil.) Remove from water bath. Cool on wire racks.